Do I need a visa for the French Territorial Overseas Communities (CTOM)- French Polynesia, St Martin, New Caledonia, ...(ordinary passport) ?

CTOM are : Saint Pierre and Miquelon, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna, Mayotte, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin.

Short stay

The short stay is a stay in DROM for a continuous or discontinuous period of 90 days or less per six-month period. For certain nationalities, the length of a stay without a visa may be limited to 30 days.

Citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are visa-exempted.

The following persons with a regular passport valid at least more than 6 months after the departure are also visa-exempted :

- Holders of a currently valid residency document or of a long-stay visa for France ;

- Holders of a valid residency document or of a long stay visa (D-visa) issued by Germany or another country applying the Schengen agreements : you must travel with your valid residency document or long stay visa and your valid passport issued within the past 10 years ;

- Non-european citizens who are not resident in the Schengen-Area of the following countries :

  • Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Samoa (only for Wallis and Futuna, New Caledonia and French Polynesia), San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Tonga, United Arab Emirates, the United States, Uruguay, Venezuela ;
  • Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro and Serbia with a biometric passport ;
  • Holders of an UNO-pass (red or blue) ;
  • Holders of a NATO-pass ;

Facilitation for cruise ship passengers : besides the categories of foreigners that are already visa-exempt, cruise ship passengers meeting the following criteria may enter without an overseas visa during their stopover :

  • holders of a currently valid Schengen visa issued by France ;
  • holders of a currently valid residency document issued by a member state of the European Union, the European Economic Area or by Switzerland, Andorra or Monaco ;
  • holders of a currently valid residency document issued by Canada, Japan or the United States of America.

If your country does not appear above, you will need a visa.

The SOFA-card is not recognized in France. If your nationality is not mentionned above, you need a short-stay visa.

Long stay

Only nationals from the following countries are exempted from long-term entry visas : members of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.

But a residency permit is required from the Haut-Commissariat.

If you are required to have a visa, you must apply for the long-stay visa that best corresponds to your particular situation (See list and specific requirements for residence in the C.T.O.M.).

Dernière modification : 27/04/2017

Haut de page